Building BR56 formerly G8.1/BR55

• Thanks Chris and Johannes, all good advice.

I have been looking at the original boiler drawing, it looks like there was no insulation, would this be right? Should I use a double shell on the Model with insulation?

Danke im Voraus

Ian

• Ian,

i would do so underneeth the boiler disguise.

Kind regards

Das Licht am Ende des Tunnels könnte auch ein Zug sein !!! :D Ich bin der Fräser Eilig, was ich nicht fräs das feil ich.... Genitiv ins Wasser weil es Dativ ist :pinch:

• Ian,

you just have to bridge the height of the insulation here a picture of our by side project,

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um diesen Anhang zu sehen.

you see the rings around the boiler, There, the panel is mounted on it , in the resulting space comes the insulation made of cork for example, you can see the welded material to bring connection for the fittings to an altitude higher then boiler cover ..... I hope that helps a bit

Kind regards

Christian

Das Licht am Ende des Tunnels könnte auch ein Zug sein !!! :D Ich bin der Fräser Eilig, was ich nicht fräs das feil ich.... Genitiv ins Wasser weil es Dativ ist :pinch:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Steamchris ()

• Hi Ian

We are the only one online. All the others sleeping. Do you know were I can get the old NZ coupler. (Norwegian coupler). Apparently someone is making them but no one can tell me who?

How is the progress on your drawings?

Regards

Wolfgang

• Hi Wolfgang,

Sorry, I have no idea

Drawings are going OK. I am doing rough 1:1 drawings to get a good idea of the construction used etc. Once I have good to a stage where I am happy I will do scale drawings which will need to be drawn to suit materials to be used.

Regards

• Hallo Wolgang

Wirf dem Google Monster mal den Lockruf "norwegian rail coupler" vor und schau die Bilder an.

Diese Art vom Kupplungen wurde weltweit bei vielen Bahngesellschaftem bei importierten Lokomotiven eingesetzt.

• Hallo Ian

We value our Forum-Members - young and old.

I should therefore ask you: Were you affected in any way by the sad events in your country?

We hope that you are fine!

Johannes

• Hi Ian,

my class 55 was built by M J Price in Llanelly, Wales in 1974.

The builder rarely used it in the last few years. Over 80 years of age he found battery-electric locos more suitable and solt it to me.

The showplough has not seen any use yet.

Best regards

Holger

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um diesen Link zu sehen.
  • Hallo Ian

We value our Forum-Members - young and old.

I should therefore ask you: Were you affected in any way by the sad events in your country?

We hope that you are fine!

Johannes

Hi Johannes,

I am fine, we here are all affected by the sadness of the events, very unexpected! It was a very sad day.

Regards

Ian

• Ian

The first Deutsche Reichsbahn existed 1920–1945. Before 1920 the locos were painted in the colours of the various German State Railways before they were joined into the DR. If the Original of your loco existed before and after 1920, you are perfect with BLACK, RED Frame etc.

Current photos of BR55 will show the DR Colours.

Anyway, you are certainly free to use any suitable colour, ignoring the 'Rivet Counters'...

Regards

Johannes

• Hey Ian,

here you can find something about BR 18

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um diesen Link zu sehen."Reichsbahn Einheitsdampflok"/"Reichsbahn Schnellzuglokomotiven"/Baureihe_18

For a hole set of drawings,try to contact Verkehrs Museum Dresden.

Regards

Chris

• Hi,

I cannot see how the connecting rod is fitted to the pin in these original drawings. Is the bearing in the connecting rod in 2 halves? The bearing pin in the wheel looks like 1 piece?

Any help wold be great.

Regards

IanBitte melden Sie sich an, um diesen Anhang zu sehen.

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um diesen Anhang zu sehen.